October 27, 2021.
Document Screening event & Announcement of Results
At the document screening event for this year's Washoku World Challenge
"Goho - Five methods", the judging was based on a holistic evaluation of candidate's knowledge and skill level of Japanese cuisine,
as well as their passion for it.
• Deputy Head Judge
Mr. NAKATA Masahiro
Director of Taiwa Gakuen Inc.
Director of Taiwa Gakuen Hospitality Industry Development Center
Mr. Motoi Kurisu
President of Kumahiko Co., Ltd.
Mr. Hideaki Matsuo
Owner and Chef of Japanese Cuisine Kashiwaya in Osaka and Japanese Cuisine Goodwill Ambassador.
Comments from the judges
Announcement of the document screening results
The following 16 applicants were selected from the screening. Please enjoy the works of the 16 chefs who have put their heart and soul into their work.
- Wing Chun Wilson CHAN, Kiyoi Inc., United States of America
- Mike CHU Pui Hei (CHU Pui Hei) , MIZUTANI at ALVA HOTEL BY ROYAL, Hong Kong
- Neil Antheus Colocar DIGDIGAN, UMU, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Chris James GOLDING, Eldr Roof Garden ＆ Bar / Sachi, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Evandro Hidetoshi KAWANAMI, YUNAGI EDOMAE-ZUSHI, Federative Republic of Brazil
- Sorakom KEAWSAMERTA, Private chef, Kingdom of Thailand
- KURKÓ Zsolt, Sushi Sei Restaurant, Hungary
- LEE Hyeon Jeong, NAKAMURA ACADEMY, Republic of Korea
- Hendy LIU, Toyosu Suisan, Australia
- Nigel Loh MAN HONG, Fat Cow, Republic of Singapore
- Éder Tadeu do NASCIMENTO, Omakase Box, Federative Republic of Brazil
- Paride PASETTI, Maru, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Wojciech POPOW, Japanese Grill at Beaverbrook, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Ajay SINGH, KINOYA, United Arab Emirates
- Shubham THAKUR, Megu at The Leela Palace New Delhi, India
- YANG Peishih, Tsukiyoiwa, Taiwan